Joyce Werwie Perry is the owner of le Poire Fine Art Studio in Pittsburgh where she paints and teaches her unique knife technique to a school of oil painters. She has been on the teaching staff at Sweetwater Center for the Arts in Sewickley for 12 years and holds workshops in various locations in the tri-state area.
Her work is in numerous private and corporate collections including PNC Corporate Towers, West Penn Hospital, Dollar Bank and Westmoreland Museum of American Art’s permanent collection.
Her work has been shown at:
- Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh
- Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Greensburg
- Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio
- Avampato Discovery Museum, Charleston, West Virginia
- National Arts Club, New York City, New York.
- Sylvia Wald & Po Art Gallery, New York City, New York
- Cerulean Arts Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
- T. Botero Galleries, Atlanta, Georgia
- High Point Market, High Point, North Carolina
- Wichita Center for the Arts, Wichita, Kansas
- Concept Art Gallery, Pittsburgh
- Point Park University, Pittsburgh
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Art and Technology Center, Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Seton Hill University, Greensburg
Joyce has received several awards from local and national sources, including Douglas Fogle – former Curator of Contemporary Art, Carnegie Museum, Barbara Jones – Curator, Westmoreland Museum of American At, Faith Ringgold, renowned international artist and Caldecott winner among others.
Joyce is a member of the National Association of Women Artists, Oil Painters of America and Former Vice President/Exhibitions Chairman of the Associated Artists of Pittsburgh.